Monday, September 14, 2009

On the Edge of Shallow




I have insulate myself

I hide in flesh and hair ill-kept
the secrets I keep poisoning

the woman hides behind me
I put her into baggy clothes
and this side of locked doors

I do not know what she needs

growing weaker in a disgust for
the atrocities entertained for game

slow motion fights suicidal wishes
sinks deep barbed wire memories
of utter disgust for what was done

while time alone embeds it to bone

the darkness of an inferior evil nature
night sweats, can’t breathe, weak knees

humming bird palpitations beat hollow
swallowed back tears choke while
stomach acids rise in a too tight throat

drifting in and out of suffering lost

deliberate disarray builds to new heights
leave it where it lays booby-traps topple

just another psycho sick fuck too close
damages run deep when my dreams
drown on the edge of shallow



Brightfire Woman © 2009
All Rights Reserved





No comments:

Post a Comment